looking for fall trip info

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
jstrull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

looking for fall trip info

Post by jstrull » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking a road trip this fall to an area and need some advice, any and all would be helpful.

Is mid september through halloween a good time to be in squamish weather wise? Also i'd be alone, will there be people around to climb with, or will i mostly be alone bouldering in the woods. Also can someone explain the camping situation.

If i go i'd be leaving from reno after the 9th of september and staying in portland for about a week then heading up to squamish. If any one wants to carpool let me know.

Thanks

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:30 pm

sept/ oct can produce arguably the BEST conditions for sending (october is better for bouldering and sept for multi pitch).

the only problem w/ october... the weather can turn miserable, very very fast. sept is still summer, so you get both the longish days and the nice weather (but can still rain, like it is now!)

jstrull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by jstrull » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks man,

If i were to get a ride to the camp ground in squamish, do you think i'd be able to manage climbing with out a car?

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 pm

hells ya.

a car is NOT needed in squamish unless you need to run into town (3 min drive away), or go to the Pub (4 min drive) ;)

w/in walking distance from the campground is bouldering, the trails up the backside of the Chief, and access to all the routes heading up the face of the Chief. oh, you might want to catch a ride w/ somebody if you feel like climbing at the Squaw. it a 5 min ride away, but will take you over 45 mins to walk.

here's a pic looking down from a climb on the Tantalus Wall. it shows the campground (hidden in the trees) and the parking lot. awfully close to the wall if you axe me!! :)

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:47 pm

that cerberus.looks like it to me.
Bradley

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:55 pm

bradley3297 wrote:that cerberus.looks like it to me.
:wink:

EnigmaM

Post by EnigmaM » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:10 pm

B got his onsight on!

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:55 pm

EnigmaM wrote:B got his onsight on!
:wink: