Mid-week Climbing Partners?

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Chad-san
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Mid-week Climbing Partners?

Post by Chad-san » Thu May 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Hello All,

How's it going? I've got the summer off and am looking for people to go climbing with during the week. I've got the usual: rack, rope, car, experience. I'm leading about 5.9-5.10 on gear and can follow a grade higher.

All I ask is that you pay attention to safety (You never know if it was a good day until you are back at the car...) and not have any obvious personality disorders. Sense of humour is a bonus.

I'd like to climb in the 5.8-5.10 range for the next little while before attempting anything hard. Clipping bolts in cheakamus and slab climbing would be fun too.

Cheers,

Chad.

(p.s. it's forecast to be sunny on Monday :)

pinner

Post by pinner » Wed May 07, 2008 7:17 am

Hey Chad;
I live in Squamish and have a four day on, two day off work schedule, and so have rotating days off. Also, the work shift switches from 7 am - 3 pm to 3 pm - 11 pm every rotation, so I will sometimes have all morning to climb even on workdays.

It sounds like we've got the same idea - I've lead up to .10b last summer, but just cut my teeth on the first climb of the season, and scared myself on easy stuff. I'm also keen on sport, and can go harder than on gear.

The next two weeks or so I'll be out of town, but after that it's game on!
I'll check back in here when I return? (or email at educo_summers at hotmail.com)

Chris

Chad-san
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

See you in a couple of weeks

Post by Chad-san » Wed May 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi,

Sounds great. Let's go climbing when you get back.

Cheers,

Chad.

davidbr
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by davidbr » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:28 am

Chad & Chris

Hi guys,

Are either of you interested in meeting up this coming Tuesday (10th of June)?

Am looking to do something in roughly the same grades you mentioned. Mostly interested in having a good time & keeping safe.

Chris, if you're working evenings, wrapping up mid-afternoon would be fine with me.

Let me know if either of you are interested.

Cheers,
Dave

crackclimbs
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by crackclimbs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm up for tuesday and wednesday, and can do weekdays each week on a regular basis.

olivierpedoussaut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by olivierpedoussaut » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 am

I'm pretty free on weekdays (morning) but I'm more into bouldering... less gears more fun... would one of you be interested by some bouldering on weekdays?

Let me know,
Olivier

Rock_Climber

Post by Rock_Climber » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:01 am

I have Tuesday afternoon to Friday morning available. I'm up for anything from bouldering to trad. I'll climb with anyone as long as he or she is keen to try different stuff and above all stay safe. Msg me but please don't be put off if I don't check my e-mail right away. :) I'm psyched to get some awesome climbing done this summer!