New climber in BC for August, looking for buddies

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
annabee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

New climber in BC for August, looking for buddies

Post by annabee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:55 am

Hi all,

I am fairly new to climbing, I've only been climbing for about 7 months, and will be travelling around British Columbia early to mid August. I am really keen to climb at Squamish as I've heard it's one of the best places in the world to climb, but need some buddies to climb with :) I'm bouldering at about V1 and sport climbing at about 5.10b/5.10c, but I've never done any trad. I'll probably stick with bouldering while I'm there. So if anyone will be climbing around then and wouldn't mind a new climber tagging along let me know.

Thanks,
Anna

Leticia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: New climber in BC for August, looking for buddies

Post by Leticia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Hey Anna,

I'm also looking for people to climb with in August during the week of 4th-10th Aug. I'm from NZ and have lots of knowledge and experience in sport climbing, also in trad but it freaks me out!

I also enjoy the lower grades and top roping/seconding if they are a bit harder.

As I'm travelling I will only have my shoes, harness and helmet, so ideally need to team up with someone who has a rope and draws.

What do you reckon?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks,

Leticia

SaintRichie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by SaintRichie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi Anna

I'm Richie, I'm in Van on holiday I have four weeks left and I am looking to spend as much of it as I can climbing. I don't have any wheels at the moment but I'm looking into it hopefully by the end of the week I will.

I would like to do as much easy sport climbing as I can to begin with until I get my head back in the game but climb harder towards the end of my trip.

If you about and looking for a buddy let me know

philippedeveau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by philippedeveau » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:24 am

Hi Anna!
I'm from Montréal and i'm in vacantion here in Squamish still august 14th. I'm a beginer, i came the last summer and i was doing sport 5.10. I didn't climb since that time, but i'm here for that now. I'm in Squamish downtown and looking for someone who want to go climbing with me. I'm available all day long. Let me know if you're interested.
philippedeveau (at) gmail dot com