New To Town -Sort of... Looking for Partner/Training

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
freedomfilm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

New To Town -Sort of... Looking for Partner/Training

Post by freedomfilm » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Moved to Squamish a couple years back planning to climb/ride/windsurf/etc.

Got deadly ill and ended up in hospital for better part of that time. Lung Failure/Coma/Respirator...
Getting back in outdoor activity shape, would love to take advantage of all the reasons we moved to Squamish.

Basic climbing, leading, gear placement, and anchor skills training. Out of shape, so lungs will only let me do so much currently... Have lots of gear, ropes, etc. And a great with an ocean view deck for BBQ's post climbing session.

Would love some help and motivation to get back into top form.

Specifically: would like to find experienced folks to learn more advanced technique with, and to advance my technical knowledge of the sport. Lungs will let me climb easy routes. Happy to belay and learn. Just to get out. Nothing too gnarly, but looking to get there as I heal and drop off all the hospital/steroid weight.

Would also be interested in leading, rescue, self rescue, gear placement, anchor placement, and other training from experienced climbers and instructors.

Also have photo and film making gear for anyone looking to do some photo expeditions or needing sponsor video.

PS: Any good climbing accessible via ATV?

A-Rat
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: New To Town -Sort of... Looking for Partner/Training

Post by A-Rat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 pm

If you are still wanting to get out let me know. I am also new-Ish to town. Got LOTS of gear for everything from sport, trad, aid, alpine. I also have a film/photo background so I'm sure we'd get along just fine.
I live in Squamish and am good for anything from a full day out or just a short evening scramble after work.

Cheers,
Alex

freedomfilm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by freedomfilm » Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

Sounds great. PM me your details and we'll get together. I've got a toddler, so I am restricted at times, however I run my own business, so am free mid week and other random times. Quite flexible over all though.

Can be free M/T/W and Sa/Su in June!

Also only 2km from Murrin etc.

Anyone interested in just endurance climbing up and down some easy grades? (got to build up slowly! LOL) Also interested in learning new methods for setting up anchors and learning/testing gear placement?

A-Rat
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by A-Rat » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

PM sent

Caroline I
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Caroline I » Mon May 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi! I'm visiting family in Kelowna and thinking of making a long weekend trip out to Squamish for a few days of climbing. Would love to meet up with others as I flew from Toronto and only have shoes, harness, ATC and a few slings/biners (+ Squamish guide book lent to me!)

Looking for some partners for a few full day trips, I climb average (5.9ish), and am just learning to lead climb so would be looking to do some bouldering and sport routes.

Will be driving with room for 1-2 others along the way if anyone needs a lift - was thinking this Saturday-Monday or next Tuesday - Friday. Not sure what accommodation is like? Have a sleeping bag but no tent, might check out couchsurfing.

Cheers!

Heffe
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Heffe » Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 am

hey guys, i live like a 5 min walk from the smoke bluffs, hit me up with an email at: heffe_@homail.com or on my cell at 519.476.1414 ( that number dies may 10th, getting a new phone) im always up for a climb.
Cheers

-Jeff

freedomfilm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by freedomfilm » Fri May 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks to a-rat for getting me out there.

Might have t/w free to climb a alf day next week.