Rain this weekend?

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
nikkichau

Rain this weekend?

Post by nikkichau » Wed May 24, 2006 8:20 am

weather.com, wunderground.com, and theweathernetwork.com all give slightly different stat on precipitation this weekend. Has it been raining this week? If so, how quick does the rock dry? I live in Seattle and thinking about heading up this weekend.

Thanks!

glomeruli

Post by glomeruli » Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 am

the forecasts i've seen call for rain through friday and showers into the weekend :cry:, but keep your fingers crossed

typically i think it would be nice to have a day without rain and plenty of wind for the smoke bluffs and other exposed crags to dry enough to climb. i climbed "snake" (on the apron) the other week after a few days of sun and it was still quite wet. i guess still quite a bit of run off from the snow pack???

view the weather links/cams on the home page here later in the week to see if things get any better. or go to http://www.news1130.com/ and listen to local vancouver weather every ten minutes on the ones, god, i sound like a commercial!!

rich k

Post by rich k » Wed May 24, 2006 4:17 pm

last time i checked, the chief doesn't have a snowpack :)

rich k

Post by rich k » Wed May 24, 2006 4:19 pm

check out the webcams (links on squamishclimbing.com). they'll probably be your best bet

ctardi

Post by ctardi » Wed May 24, 2006 6:40 pm

I find www.theweathernetwork.com to be fairly reliable. :)

Squamish - Weather Network

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Thu May 25, 2006 1:23 pm

Snake is always the last to dry..even if every other route is dry..well maybe rock on is the the very last if it ever drys.

See how much it rains tomorrow night..Sunday will be your best bet for dryness!

and if you guys use the weather network you are better off trying to watch the show where you hear the anchors tell you the forecast..the actual web site is computer generated forecast...have you seen their new hour hour by hour forecast..kinda weird but thats how they keep updating their site hour by hour.