Rock climbing study

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
TrishClimber

Rock climbing study

Post by TrishClimber » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 am

Hi all, I'm going to post this here and hope I'm not violating any of the forum rules! Please take this down if I am.

I'm a rock climber from Toronto (though previously lived and climbed in Vancouver and Squamish for 4 years), and I'm doing my Master's in Psychology at Adler Graduate Professional School in Toronto. I'm conducting what I hope will be a very cool study for my thesis on the relationship between rock climbing (what kind of and the level of risks a rock climber takes) and their history of trauma, with a chance to win $50 to MEC as incentive. It's completely anonymous for participants, and I plan on using the results to help make the climbing community more aware and safe. I'll post the link here, and feel free to message me here or email me if you have any questions about it.

https://forms.gle/dfeVWhvXygFhewpe9

Thanks so much all, safe climbing!
Patricia

Shilden_72
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Rock climbing study

Post by Shilden_72 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 am

I've answered to it, it's quite the fascinating topic!

But to be honest, I can almost write a history of my risk-taking enthusiasm when climbing rocks :lol: it was low from 2006 to 2008 as I was a newbie, was at its highest from 2008 to late 2011 as I started being good at it, became lower again as I got engaged, fell as I got married in October 2012, sank when my first child was born in 2017, and I'm afraid it may even drop now that I've got some financial resources and am looking at these houses in Greece :lol: it still doesn't deter me from climbing, but I'm MUCH more prudent than I used to.

zaneroundtree793

Post by zaneroundtree793 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:48 am

I love seeing a climbing competition from someone who isn't a crazy good climber.
https://www.sandblastingdallastx.com/services/

fritzsara5225

Post by fritzsara5225 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:47 am

Rock climbing has expanded in fame in the last 15–20 years both as a sporting actual work and as a serious game. Game climbing is the part of moving where the component of peril is decreased by pre-putting insurance focuses in the stone or indoor divider. Since the risk component is generally eliminated, the actual trouble of each climb can be high. Falls are typical and are moderately protected. Serious game climbing is represented by the International Council for Competition Climbing (ICC) which is a constituent piece of the International Union of Alpinist Associations (Union Internationale d'Associations d'Alpinisme (UIAA)). The ICC is liable for the organization and advancement of all parts of the game of global rivalry climbing, and the UIAA has been allowed acknowledgment by the International Olympic Committee as an intermember alliance. There are a few unique kinds of climbing rivalries: driving, bouldering, speed climbing, and ice climbing. For the motivations behind this audit, accentuation will be on investigations of driving or top rope circumstances.