Best place to camp

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
rnar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Best place to camp

Post by rnar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering what are the best places for camping around Squamish. Which campgrounds allow van camping? Which places have the best rates/prices? Is there any place online that has a quick list of campgrounds in Squamish?

scrubber

Re: Best place to camp

Post by scrubber » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Google "camping Squamish" and you'll get a pretty good idea of what's here. You asked nicely so here's a synopsis from South to North that will save you all of that work:

1. Klahanie campground. Nice but pricey. Across the highway from Shannon Falls. Lots of car camping available. Reservations available
2. Stawamus Chief campground. Cheap and basic at the foot of the Chief. Only about ten "drive-in" sites available. Rest are walk in. No reservations
3. Squamish Municipal Campground. Beside the rec. centre. Very basic car camping in a grass field between the BMX track, skate park, playing fields, and indoor municipal pool. I think showers are included with your camping fees. Reservations available
4. Eagle Vista RV Campground. More like a trailer park. They used to have tenting available, but I heard a rumor that had changed.
5.Wonderland Campground. RV's up front, tenting out back. Nice setting at the north end of town. Lots of easy car camping tucked into the trees. Reservations available
6. Drive up any logging road, park on the side out of the way unless signs say otherwise, don't make a mess. Free. Downside is you can't leave a comfy camp set up because it might not be there when you get back. Lots of people still opt for this despite no water, toilets, garbage cans, tables, privacy, etc.

K

rnar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Best place to camp

Post by rnar » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:15 pm

@scrubber, thank you so much, this is definitely very useful. And yes, I had searched on google beforehand and all I could find were Paradise and Klahanie which were both quite pricey. A little more searching didn't get me very far in terms of details and fees.

Again, thank you!