***UBC VOC Event - Rock Party 2015***

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
zachary.wentz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

***UBC VOC Event - Rock Party 2015***

Post by zachary.wentz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello Squamish Climbing Community,

This is a quick friendly reminder to all weekend climbers that this weekend (Saturday Oct. 3, Sunday Oct. 4th) is the annual Varsity Outdoors Club event, Rock Party. This event occurs once a year during early May and involves a day of instructional camps on Saturday (Oct. 3) and an optional climbing day on Oct. 4. The attendance for such an event will range upwards to 120 people, with attendees ranging from those with no experience to those teaching trad climbing. We stress to our instructors that ethics are paramount, and as such will minimize our impact by pulling ropes that are not in use, following designated trails, following LNT principles, etc. However, due to a large group size on a weekend climbing day, we ask that for this one day of the year (Oct. 3) that the community accommodates our club at various crags at the Smoke Bluffs. Popular crags such as "Burgers and Fries" ,"Neat and Cool", "Penny Lane", etc will likely be crowded with instructional groups. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me, or the trip organizer, Byron Wilson (byron.wilson@live.com).

As well, I apologize for such a belated update on the matter. I've been quite ill for the past 3 days and this trip hasn't been my highest priority.

Thanks,
Zack Wentz
UBC VOC Trips Coordinator/AMGA Single Pitch Instructor
zachary.wentz@gmail.com