Angel's Crest

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
MikeyG
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Angel's Crest

Post by MikeyG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:42 am

Hey,

Just FYI for everyone. We were up on Angel's Crest yesterday and there was a couple Peregrine Falcon fledglings around pitches 4 and 5 (probably w/ their mom as well). Not sure what etiquette is around that. We tried to move quickly thru there and disturb them as little as possible - the very loud shrieking from them encouraged us to keep our distance!

There was also a very precocious squirrel above pitch 8 who was quite interested in what we were having for lunch...

-Mike

natsdad

Re: Angel's Crest

Post by natsdad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:02 pm

MikeyG wrote: We were up on Angel's Crest yesterday
I thought that Angel's Crest was closed due to the massive rockfall that occurred in late May? Is it now officially "open"?

Steve

smallman

Re: Angel's Crest

Post by smallman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:19 pm

I have fowarded this sighting information to BC Parks for confirmation by their biologist. Just a reminder that peregrines are a red listed endangered species in Canada and disturbance of their nest sites is illegal and carries a significant legal penalties. Plus you could get scalped by talons. If confirmed by BC parks Angels Crest will be closed until the fledglings leave the nest. I would ask climbers to refrain from climbing AC to ensure continued good relations with BC parks. We currently have an excellent working relationship with the BC parks in management activities of the 3 squamish area climbing parks.

Thanks
Chris Small
Squamish Access Society