where to log / search your bouldering ascents.

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
anuvadave
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

where to log / search your bouldering ascents.

Post by anuvadave » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 pm

sendage / 27cgrags / 8a.nu?

Normally i use thecrag.com for my climbing ascents, but which site is best for bouldering in squamish.
8a has the most users and routes but hasnt made much effort to stay current or user friendly.
what to the locals here tend to use?

Ive looked briefly at sendage.com which appears to have a fair amount of users. i particularly like how easy it is to add an ascent. It also has a system (in beta) that 'quizzes' users about local routes to improve the database.

I have also used 27crags.com which seems to have less users but it they are developing a great site. Their mapping system is excellent and you can view nearby topos and have the ability to add routes yourself by drawing them onto a photo. Its great to be able to look through the topos and see a climb you want to try and just click "to do" & it goes to a to do list. Unfortunately many popular boulder problems have not yet been added to the database @ 27crags. Im hoping they come out with a phone app that would allow you to add topos & routes from your phone at the crag.

I wish 27 and sendage would combine forces, that would be one baddass website.
For the time being i think i will go with sendage, but i will be adding route info to 27crags and will probably switch over when their database is more complete.
Would love to hear your thoughts.

relic

Re: where to log / search your bouldering ascents.

Post by relic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm

What do the locals use for climbing ascents? Uhh, sticky rubber shoes usually. Some do it barefoot. I don't think you need a website to log stuff. Marc Bourdon has a excellent bouldering guidebook that you can mark up with notes and stuff.