Crap anchor.

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
brownie
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Crap anchor.

Post by brownie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm

found this in the bluffs at the top of a line of bolts. Not exactly a safe anchor in my opinion..

what do you think????

thebigchin

Re: Crap anchor.

Post by thebigchin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Barley?

Squamishmonkey

Post by Squamishmonkey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Brownie,
Can you tell me which line this is, or a description to find it.

Thanks
Eric

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 am

That's pretty rediculous. If Eric doesn't get to it I should have some hardware for ya soon. We just need a drill and I think I know where we can borrow one.

hevyduty

Post by hevyduty » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

Just to let any one who is interested know, the crap anchors where pulled! They where on a new wall to the right of the tunnel at Tunnel Rock. The area is being developed by R. Barley, they also removed a bucket of bleach, I have been told there will be a short video of them being removed! Which will be posted soon. On the positive side, I have climbed one of them, it was cool route and most of the other ones look good. When the anchors are sorted it will become yet another good crag, and when the central area is cleaned Tunnel Rock will have close to 20 routes most of them below 5\10.

AaronRN

Post by AaronRN » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Robin Barley.
I find it best, and considerably less frustrating, to see Robin less as a climber or developer of routes and more of a force of nature. You can get upset all you want at the approaching storm, shake your fist at the clouds, even yell at the rain. But the storm -like Barely- couldn't care less what you think and will not be stopped. So like the storm, it's best to just sit back, watch in wild wonder then go out and pick up the pieces after the storm has passed.

Aaron.