Trees Cut at Pet Wall

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
original gorby

Re: Trees Cut at Pet Wall

Post by original gorby » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 pm

"bristling in an impotent fury"
bwaahahahahahaha

get back in your douche-canoe and paddle along little troll...

pbeckham

Post by pbeckham » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm

[quote]"Curiously, everyone conveniently sidestepped one word in my thread: unnecessary."[/quote]

Fascinating observation.

I reviewed my reply (wherein I fess up as being indicted for having a sub par mind) to see if I was guilty of such convenient sidestepping of the word unnecessary.
Apparently not.

"We thought it as necessary at the time.
Some feel that what we did was excessive and unnecessary. To each their own."

My reply was all about our perception of the necessity to log the base of the Pet and included the acknowledgement that some thought (and still do) it unnecessary.

I'm baffled by the paradox inherent in the initial aspersion laden outrage over the death of a sapling and subsequent zorch into an odious polemic on Moral Panic.

What the F*%ck, Over?

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Sounds like someone might be a relative newcomer to our temperate rainforest. After you've contributed a few pitches of your own to the local community, you may have a clearer view of the necessity of "opening up" base areas to assist drying. (Providing you want to be able to still see the rock in a couple of years.)

If you're getting your panties in a bunch over those trimmed-back shrubs, you'll probably be shocked and appalled at what most routes here had to undergo to be "climbable".

Kris

jonny2vests

Post by jonny2vests » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 pm

2eREP wrote:...waffle...
What are you gibbering on about man?

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:02 am

Another college kid comes to town with big words and a bigger ego.

Awesome.

NateDoggOG

Post by NateDoggOG » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm

First thing, OP should read up on some history of climbing in Squamish. The guidebook is a good place to start. For my part, when I first started posting here and was new to Squam, I thought some stuff was seriously wack.
Then I read up a bit on Supertopo (courtesy of Anders) and noticed some names behind the FA notes and dates in the guidebooks and realized that there is a sh*t ton of stuff I don't know, and luckily for me, I didn't post EVERYTHING I thought and make myself sound like an even bigger tool.

However, to be completely fair, in order to do some of the sh*t that Perry has done, you gotta have one or two screws loose ;)