Where to direct a suggestion?

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Bosco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Where to direct a suggestion?

Post by Bosco » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 am

So I am pretty new to the Squamish area as well as this forum, and needed a little direction. We climbed Jingus the Cat over the weekend and found only hangers at the top. Its a pretty sweet route and I am sure it sees some traffic. If I wanted to suggest someone putting up chains, or at least rings, is this the right place? I guess I could do it, but I have never equipped a route before. Thanks.

rockandsnowjunkie

Re: Where to direct a suggestion?

Post by rockandsnowjunkie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:49 pm

When I climbed Jungus earlier this season there was some reasonably new tat and a biner for rappel, presumably someone's cut it and claimed the old biner. It's a worthwhile climb that certainly warrants more traffic and a proper rap setup. The Squamish Climbers Access Society would be a good place to start. Really all that's needed is a pair of industrial stainless steel screwgates to make it perfectly acceptable for rapping. As I recall the anchors are in excellent shape, as is the bolt protecting the traverse.

The route could also use a weedwacker to clear out the chest high foliage protecting its base.

For those yet to climb it, get on it. More traffic the better as much work was done a few years ago to retro it, and for good reason.

MarkR

Re: Where to direct a suggestion?

Post by MarkR » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah, got on it Saturday and was planning on rapping off that tat, then shook my head and left a biner. Rings would be nice, I just don't have the know-how.

And yeah, machete recommended for the approach and beginning. Not joking. That trail is disappearing and you have to scramble through prickle bushes to get on the route.

Sweet route though.