Good Restaurants?

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Lurch

Re: Good Restaurants?

Post by Lurch » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:22 pm

I hate to say it but you guys are right about the brewpub. The beer is awesome. The food and service suck. Hopefully thier ears will be burning and they'll figure it out.

+1 For the Wigan Pier awesome Fish and Chips. Also Fortune Kitchen behind the husky across from the shady tree has some great chinese food IMO.

Patrix
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Patrix » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am

Thanks for all the suggestions! We eneding up eating at The Nest which had some very good sweet potato fritters. We also frequented the Sunflower Bakery for baked goods and coffee, and Zephyr also for baked goods and coffee. We stopped by the Adventure Center a couple time, but their coffee wasn't nearly as good as the other two places. In case it matters to anyone else planing a trip, Nester's produce selection and quality was MUCH better than Save-On.

Dan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Dan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:26 pm

haha, yeah wanted to echo the brew pub being crappy. The food is decent, but the service is beyond horrible. The service at Shady Tree can be pretty bad as well, but they have the best nachos youll find anywhere and the wings are good too.

Wigan pier is my favorite place to eat, the fish and chips are sooo good.

Sushi sen is really good, I havent tried the place downtown, will have to give it a shot after the recommendation in the thread. Always looks empty when I drive by tho...

I havent been to any of the Chinese places, are any of them any good? the only thing ive heard is that fortune kitchen costs a fortune, heh.

steven
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by steven » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 am

The best food I have had in Squamish has been at The Campfire Grill and The Watershed Grill. Maybe I just like grills though.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:21 am

steven wrote: Maybe I just like grills though.
What's not to like?

Peter

Post by Peter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Went to the LIving Room for the first time. It's in the Executive Suites (?) hotel, in the Highlands (by the new/old golf course). Anyways, really good food, maybe slightly pricey but well worth it.

Second Fergies at the Sunwolf Rafting place at Paradise/Squamish valley.