What have you climbed lately?

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
jipstyle

Re: What have you climbed lately?

Post by jipstyle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Climbed Calculus Direct into Calculus today. Great route. Managed to turn the day into a mini-epic by taking my first fall on gear (30ft., nothing pulled), got off route on the way up and WAY off route on the way down, and possibly set a record for long ascent ever. The fact that I wore my bouldering shoes was super fantastic for ultimate foot pain.

We're thankfully that we had a very patient party behind us. I think our noobishness both amused and concerned them. :lol:

NateDoggOG

Post by NateDoggOG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:41 am

Direct start is fun eh? Way better than the old one. I like the bouldery type move to get into the corner.
Congrats on your first gear fall! Especially taking one that big. Now that you've 'tested' it, how muc more confident are you when it comes to placing gear? I found, and I assume it's the same for most people, that I never really was able to trust the gear I placed until I got on something too hard and taken a couple whips. Being able to trust your sh*t will make a huuuge difference when you are climbing something at your limit and a ways above your last piece.
Nice job man.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 am

NateDoggOG wrote:Direct start is fun eh? Way better than the old one. I like the bouldery type move to get into the corner.
Yeah, we really liked it. Getting up into the corner was fun .. took a while to figure out how to do it without looking a whale flopping around in sticky rubber for the first time.
Congrats on your first gear fall! Especially taking one that big. Now that you've 'tested' it, how muc more confident are you when it comes to placing gear? I found, and I assume it's the same for most people, that I never really was able to trust the gear I placed until I got on something too hard and taken a couple whips. Being able to trust your sh*t will make a huuuge difference when you are climbing something at your limit and a ways above your last piece.
Nice job man.
Thanks!

Yep, everything held and I felt good about it. I learned quite a bit .. things I *knew* but didn't *know*, if you know what I mean.

Good day. :)

hafilax

Post by hafilax » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Got out climbing for just the 6th time this year. We went up Bulletheads East which is full of really fun climbing. Highly recommended. Finished off the day with Arrowroot.