Reslinging cams

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
rockdawg
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Reslinging cams

Post by rockdawg » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Wondering if there is a place in the Vancouver area that will resling cams. Currently I am thinking of sending my metolius cams back to metolius based on other recommendations I have heard- sounds like they do a great job. But I also have Camalots, rigid Friends and hexes. Most of my gear is about 10-14 years old (the rigid friends prob much older).

Thx

psi4ce

Re: Reslinging cams

Post by psi4ce » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 pm

I heard once that OnSight Equipment in Squamish would re-sling cams, but as far as I know they aren't doing it now.

Anyways, I would highly advise getting Metolius or some other reputable manufacturer to do it. It's a good time of year, too, since you will probably have them back in time for climbing season.

You don't want any kind of second-best when it comes to cam slings, right?

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 pm

I used to work at On Sight and we did lots of cams. We were using the same machinery and materials that the cam manufacturers were. Unfortunately for you, I don't think they have any bar tackers still set up. All of their production has been outsourced and their focus is on travel stuff now, not climbing gear.
You could either contact Peder at On Sight directly, or phone Valhalla Pure in Squamish and ask them. They used to collect the cams from folks and drop them off for reslinging.

K

gnarnaphobe

Post by gnarnaphobe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

No Idea on the validity of this statement but from what I've heard some cam manufacturers will not resling old cams due to liability issues, how old I'm not sure.

Has any one heard this before?

If there is a batch getting send out of squamish we should organize a group order, as long as they're guaranteed to come back
Imaging how much funner this could be with booze and explosives