Negro Lesbian

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Fish Boy

Negro Lesbian

Post by Fish Boy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:40 am

Anyone got any info on this route? Not looking for beta, just stories...such a route must have a few wicked tales?

And those machine heads, thoughts on how they would be lasting?

Cheers, Nick

Don

Re: Negro Lesbian

Post by Don » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 pm

You want stories? Check out the following thread from the "Supertaco".

Its titled "Climbing in Squamish in the 70's". I've linked to a msg talking about big walls including the Negro Lesbian....the whole thread, though, makes for some fine rainy day reading.

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/threa ... #msg737557

Fish Boy

Post by Fish Boy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Yup, read the whole thing. There are two other good Squamish threads up there at the moment too.

Ed Seedhouse
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Ed Seedhouse » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:24 am

I am afraid I must admit that the unfortunate name of the route is to my shame, because I was the one who suggested the title to Darryl for the route he was working on to the left of Black Dyke. We were camping on psyche leg and while looking up at the wall, he pointed to the line he was working on, so I made the awful pun as a joking suggestion and Darryl decided right there and then that he would use it. I wish I'd kept my mouth shut.

Since Darryl is no longer with us I won't suggest changing the name, because that's just the kind of guy he was and I'm against censorship. But blame me because, knowing Darryl, I should have known better than to make that pun at the time.

Ed
Ed Seedhouse

Victoria, B.C.

slopr

Post by slopr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 pm

pretty awesome route name i think, how often anywhere else in the world would you say together those two words "negro lesbian" ha sounds so ridiculous!! :mrgreen: