New Chair for the Smoke Bluffs Park Advisory Committee

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Chair for the Smoke Bluffs Park Advisory Committee

Post by squamish climber » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Brian Moorhead from the Smoke Bluffs Advisory Committee emailed me to say he is stepping down having completed two terms as chair of the SBC. The committee is pleased to welcome Matt Parker as the new chair. Brian continues to serve as vice-chair.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

pbeckham

Post by pbeckham » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Just want to say thanks to Brian for his hard work on our behalf and extend best wishes to Matt as he takes the chair of the committee.
I've had the pleasure of working with both these guys on access issues over the years and we're fortunate to have such level headed, carefully spoken and community minded people working on our behalf.
Thanks again to Brian, Matt and the Smoke Bluff Committee.

PB

Optimally-Primed

Post by Optimally-Primed » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:54 pm

I'd also like to voice thanks to Brian for excellent work as the Chair. Next time you're in the bluffs, you'll notice that the trails are amazing... the loop trail, the upper loop trail, the new Crag X to Split Beaver connector, and many more. While the District of Squamish paid for these and the entire Smoke Bluffs Committee agreed to the decision to enhance these trails, it was largely Brian's mandate and guidance that led to them coming to reality. These trails both make for an enjoyable hike and open up access to many more climbs. Thanks Brian!