Habrich latest

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Peter

Habrich latest

Post by Peter » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Hey all, has anyone done Habrich lately, ie in the last month or so? I have followed the older thread but would like to know how you got there from start to finish, thanx!

Fre

Post by Fre » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm

I hiked up Sky Pilot last week. Lots of snow, camping below Habrich seemed quite fine, another party did it recently since they left beer cans (for which I can only hope bad karma will make one of their testicles implode), and yet another team was going up for an ascent on last Saturday. The base looked like it still had some snow, and so did the ledge towards the top. It looked super neat though, I wish I had time to go back and climb the magic middle finger!

Fre

Post by Fre » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh, and hiking to the base will take you 2.5 hours, 11k, just pass the boulder blockade at 4.5k, keep going, don't take the first uphill path 2k after the blockade but take the next one that has a huge 1.5m long arrow (made of stones on the ground) pointing towards the path at 8k or so.
From the camping spot (with fresh water), expect at least an hour long hike up to the base of the mountain

Cloudraker

Post by Cloudraker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Always wondered what was up that first trail. Anyone know where it leads to?

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Cloudraker wrote:Always wondered what was up that first trail. Anyone know where it leads to?
"DRU" knows.

Dru

Post by Dru » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:11 am

Where is this first trail - near the crag with the Barley routes?

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 am

Brendan wrote:
Cloudraker wrote:Always wondered what was up that first trail. Anyone know where it leads to?
"DRU" knows.
Or not Image

Cloudraker

Post by Cloudraker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Holy sh*t you stumped Dru!!

That's like out thinking HAL 9000.

Interviewer: HAL, you have an enormous responsibility on this mission, in many ways perhaps the greatest responsibility of any single mission element. You're the brain, and central nervous system of the ship, and your responsibilities include watching over the men in hibernation. Does this ever cause you any lack of confidence?

HAL: Let me put it this way, Mr. Amor. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

Fre

Post by Fre » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:23 pm

That first trail is marked with orange tape, pretty overgrown after 5min but continues for another 10min and then peters out at a small creek. You also pass a creek with tons of wood in it on your right. I'm guessing the Barley crag is right next to the main trail, with some beautiful cracks and a great corner. Most stuff looks kinda hard, clean though.

pinnbasher

Post by pinnbasher » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Fre what route did you take up sky pilot?
Take your chance while you still got a choice.