Name of climbs in lower malamute

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Ascendo

Name of climbs in lower malamute

Post by Ascendo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Does anyone know the name & grades of these climbs in lower malamute;
1) Corner crack approx 5.9 that turns into slabby 5.10 ish?
2) Hard corner that turns into squeeze offwidth chimney say 5.10d/11 before clean crack?
Thanks

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Do you want to know the names because you climbed them and want to tick them on you list?

Just for reference, the Lower Malamute is closed and going there may potentially cause problems for the rest of us who actually stay away :roll:

Chubb Rock
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Chubb Rock » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Not sure either but the 10-11 corner chimney was wicked hard. I love the cracks down there and the railway guys are cool as long as you keep your shite away from the tracks . :D

Anders Ourom

Post by Anders Ourom » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 pm

the railway guys are cool as long as you keep your shite away from the tracks .
Don't bet on their supervisors, and head office, being cool with it. Or the railway police.

As for the route names, earlier editions of Squamish guidebooks should answer your questions.

jefffski

Post by jefffski » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Given that the lower malamute is permanently closed, i'm not sure what the negative consequences would be on the climbing community if a few individuals climbed there.

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:59 pm

jefffski wrote:Given that the lower malamute is permanently closed, i'm not sure what the negative consequences would be on the climbing community if a few individuals climbed there.
jefffski,
You are only incriminating yourself by inadvertently telling us that you climb there. I would have thought that you would know better :oops:
Is there anything else you would like to confess? (like taking pretty girls up the Apron on hot summer days) :P

jefffski

Post by jefffski » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:11 am

The first time I was at the lower malamute was with Anders before it was illegal. I'll deny any other forays, but mostly I suspect the pot is calling the kettle black on both references, hehe.