squamish bouldering guide

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Post Reply
slopr
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 pm

squamish bouldering guide

Post by slopr » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Have you got the new bouldering guide yet? I had no idea it existed yet when i went to get some chalk 2 days ago and WOW, this is the best squamish guidebook yet. The photos, topos, and amount of new content are amazing. Thanks to Marc Bourdon and everyone who helped, i am so psyched to try some new problems and hope to see more guidebooks like this in the future :D

Trick
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Squamish

Post by Trick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

It's an amazing guide. Marc did a great job! Tons of new problems, full color, and finally some topos for Paradise Valley! Now if only the weather would co-operate!

Dooley
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:51 am
Location: The forest

Post by Dooley » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Trick wrote:It's an amazing guide. Marc did a great job! Tons of new problems, full color, and finally some topos for Paradise Valley! Now if only the weather would co-operate!
Move to Squamish, you will be amazed how much more you get to climb instead of being in Vancouver and thinking that the weather isnt cooperating :)
When in doubt....run it out!!!!

bradley3297
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:51 am
Location: squamish

Post by bradley3297 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:58 pm

SHHHHH dont tell them....
Bradley

crazymonkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by crazymonkey » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I figured it out: Reject Environment Canada's reality and substitue my own. Seems to work quite well!

Trick
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Squamish

Post by Trick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Dooley wrote:
Trick wrote:It's an amazing guide. Marc did a great job! Tons of new problems, full color, and finally some topos for Paradise Valley! Now if only the weather would co-operate!
Move to Squamish, you will be amazed how much more you get to climb instead of being in Vancouver and thinking that the weather isnt cooperating :)
Well from my front window in Valleycliffe it is currently pouring on the Chief. Gawd your a douche.

Dooley
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:51 am
Location: The forest

Post by Dooley » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 am

Trick that is a great assumption to make of a person from a single comment, even with a smiley face to show a joke. Its the internet, learn to not take things so personnel.

and Brad you are correct!
When in doubt....run it out!!!!

User avatar
squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Bowen Island

Post by squamish climber » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 am

Here's a cover shot of Marc's new guide.
Image
And the link to Quickdraw publications.

I'd like to see some more reviews. How much new info is there? What's the info like for Paradise Valley?
Last edited by squamish climber on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

serac
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:06 pm
Location: Squamish

Post by serac » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:36 pm

The coverage of paradise a little over 200 problems at quick count
Last one dead's a sissy

harihari
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:13 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: squamish bouldering guide

Post by harihari » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm

slopr wrote:Have you got the new bouldering guide yet? I had no idea it existed yet when i went to get some chalk 2 days ago and WOW, this is the best squamish guidebook yet. The photos, topos, and amount of new content are amazing. Thanks to Marc Bourdon and everyone who helped, i am so psyched to try some new problems and hope to see more guidebooks like this in the future :D
hey Slopr, you don't work for Marc, do you? ;-)

slopr
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: squamish bouldering guide

Post by slopr » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 am

harihari wrote:
hey Slopr, you don't work for Marc, do you? ;-)
Haha, no but maybe i should apply. Any openings for part time boulder scrubber? :) I just really like the format of this book! Hopefully there is a comprehensive route guide for squam on the way that resembles this book, that would be mega.

harihari
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:13 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: squamish bouldering guide

Post by harihari » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am

slopr wrote:
harihari wrote:
hey Slopr, you don't work for Marc, do you? ;-)
Haha, no but maybe i should apply. Any openings for part time boulder scrubber? :) I just really like the format of this book! Hopefully there is a comprehensive route guide for squam on the way that resembles this book, that would be mega.
Apparently McLane is hard at work on a new 2-vol. comprehensive. there's a sh*t-ton of new routes to go in it, plus there are areas not in the last edition (cap canyon, that slab area near brittania, etc) going in.

slopr
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: squamish bouldering guide

Post by slopr » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 pm

harihari wrote:
Apparently McLane is hard at work on a new 2-vol. comprehensive. there's a sh*t-ton of new routes to go in it, plus there are areas not in the last edition (cap canyon, that slab area near brittania, etc) going in.
so it sounds like the new route guide wont be as cool as the new boulder guide :lol: oh well 2 volumes sounds cool. Hopefully he includes areas that were in the 2001 that were removed in the last one (habrich, malamute, etc.) if he is going to add new areas it would be cool to add some old ones that have been excluded. However, i will be surprised if it anything close to the masterpiece this new boulder guide is. Sure there is some typos and a few of the top 100 problems are filthy but for the most part it is comprehensive, organized, and most importantly it is fun to look at and easy to navigate. The most quality BC climbing guidebook to date. The photos are sweet and it provides fairly consistent info about the problems. No second hand info or quality stars, all the info seems credible and hopefully it will spread ppl off the squamish select bouldering circuit :) Go do the fuzz and crystal method and bring a brush with you to swamp thing @ the end of the day. This book will have a big impact here and put squamish in the minds of all just like the 1st edition of Bishop bouldering did for the eastside. Squamish will soon be established as one of the top bouldering venues in North America due to this guide. Quickdraw stepped it up a lot from their previous publications and it is great to see them going all in on this guide. Buy it and go wrestle some pebbles!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests