Easy Aid climbs

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
islander

Easy Aid climbs

Post by islander » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:22 am

I would like to learn how to aid climb at some point this summer. Mostly to get a better understanding on gear placement, what holds, what doesn't. But also to climb things I wouldn't normally be able to.

Can someone recommend a good place/area to learn that I won't be in the way of other climbers, and is relatively newbie friendly?
I am more interested in clean aid as I don't have a hammer or pins or anything like that.

Thanks!

thebigchin

Post by thebigchin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Now that the top-ropers have wrecked it, you might as well have a run at Flying Circus. :wink:

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:34 am

Great plan for a rainy day... not so much for a dry day.. that climb is still an awesome lead, a little polished but that just adds to the difficulty.

I would say there are lots of unused pitches in the bluffs, split beaver wall, krack rock, one touque, among many others. Aiding one of those and maybe bringing along a wire brush to clean them up. Killer Fridge just right of old age is a rad 10b that could use another scrub.

if you need a partner pm me i would love to try my hand at some aiding, maybe even go aid u-wall or something eventually.

Mike

islander

Post by islander » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:31 am

Thanks for the replies. Still haven't tried anything, especially due to the nice weather.
Lurch, If I head out sometime I will let you know!