STOLEN CLIMBING KIT

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
jamesmarjot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

STOLEN CLIMBING KIT

Post by jamesmarjot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Had the trunk of my car wrenched open the other day, ALL my climbing kit stolen.

If you are offered any BD camalots, BD C3 cams, Dmm 4CU Cams (especially if some of the wires have been replaced with string), Dmm offsets, nuts, QDs, IMPS, Brass offsets. Selection of dmm SG Krabs, Petzl ascenders, Pro traxion, Croll, Etriers and daisies, as well as a BD Zion haul bag (which has my name on it, MARJOT), petzl reverso, WC harness.

Oh and a pair of edelweiss double ropes 8.2. PINK and BLUE.

If anyone suspicious tries to sell you these things please email me, jamesmarjot@googlemail.com so i can contact the police

iF you buy kit you suspect has been stolen, you are creating a market for the F$%#^%$ and more climbers stuff will get nicked, you will become a target yourself!

Currently looking like im gonna have to sack off the trip and go home to gb! bad times. Any help or info appreciated.

happpy climbing.

cheers, james
climbing and other stuf ftoo

Tenn

Post by Tenn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Dude, that sucks. I really hope you get that stuff back. I'll keep an eye out.

Before you go home...I've got some cams and nuts I could loan you - not tonnes of gear but some extra stuff around that I hardly use. You'd be welcome to it. It's a shame your stuff was nicked, it would be more of a shame if you came all this way and didn't even climb Squamish.

PM me here if you're interested or email me at tenntrent at gmail dot com

sherri

Post by sherri » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Very sorry to hear about the theft of your gear, James. Totally sucks. Where was your car parked at the time it was broken into?

Hope you can salvage some of your trip and that your gear finds its way back to you somehow.
Girls just want to have fun.

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:39 am

James.
Dan at Climb On also has a loaner rack.
Good luck.
J.

Dooley

Post by Dooley » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:06 am

Can you tell us where this occured?

And that sucks, anyone who steals or uses stolen climbing gear has very bad karma coming to them. They will wonder why that cam never stays in place.
When in doubt....run it out!!!!

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 am

I have a crag rope and some older cams I can loan too, I wouldnt bail man.

pm me if you want I can drop it off this weekend.

hope things get better

cheers

J

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:09 pm

I too have some gear for you to borrow if needed. Can't imagine, or ever want to experience, having to go home early from an overseas climbing trip.

Charlie
charlie(dot)harrison(at)gmail(dot)com

Russianfront
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Russianfront » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:22 pm

James, I'd like tp say sorry on behalf of all British Columbians. You probably didn't think you were coming to a place where marijuana is the "growth" industry and that some wacked out crack head is hiding behind every bush waiting to pounce to feed their habit. We have a saying "lock it or loose it" but in your case it didn't work. I'd love to set a trap for those fine people who prey on climbers and their shiney kit. But I should stop having my sniper fantasies now before I say something stupid because in Canada CRIMINALS RULE! Go Canada!

jamesmarjot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by jamesmarjot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:02 am

Hey guys, thanks your support.

It didnt happen in squamish. I was on vancouver island, decided to go trekking whilst the rain was bad. Rookie error!!!

To those who have offered some kit and racks etc. You are legends!!!!! Thanks so much for your offers, i will keep them in mind. I think i will be able to salvage some sort of trip with peoples loans around campsite and people who have racks i will be climbing with etc. Maybe give yosemite big walls a miss this year though.

Thanks again.

james
climbing and other stuf ftoo

t-bone

Post by t-bone » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:09 am

Glad the break-in didn't happen in Squish, but a word of warning: Yesterday in the Bluffs I had my truck broken into (looks like a Slim Jim was used). The thief was probably looking for cash as my glove compartment was ruffled through but he left a BD bullet pack and Patagonia jacket alone.

Let's all be on the lookout for these low lifes.....and don't keep anything of value in your car.....

jlaye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by jlaye » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:18 am

Unfortunate to hear of your loss.

All I can say is that I hope it is not fellow climbers stealing other peoples stuff. I have found that climbers are great people to hang out with at the crags, but to know that some of them may have stolen their gear just upsets me.

Be real, buy fair!

Kudos to all who have extra gear to loan.

Cheers