Possible Buried climbs in the Pet Wall Area?- Murrin Park

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
smallman

Possible Buried climbs in the Pet Wall Area?- Murrin Park

Post by smallman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm

I am current scrubbing an area just west of the lower base Pet wall and am wondering if there are established routes in this area. This area does not have any bolted anchors but I have a suspicion it may have been climbed in before as it does not seem to be super vegetated and many of the lines are pretty strikingly obvious and appear moderate (9 -10 ish) in grade. I did find one old piece of tat on a small tree just off the ground. Just wondering as I want to put in some bolted anchors, clean off the good lines and maybe establish a couple new lines. I don't want to take credit where credit is not due or step on any toes and get my bolts chopped. Do any of the squamish old school know if there are established climbs west of the Pet wall at Murrin? I did not see any in my copy of the old Campbell guide or in the Mclane's Guide.

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Is this the area you see driving N on the Sea to Sky just as you reach the top of the hill at Murrin Park?
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

smallman

Post by smallman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 am

I doubt you could see the area I am scrubbing from the highway as it is in the trees. However, there are more broken cliffs above you would likely see from the highway. I am wondering maybe this is Lost in Obscurity above.

Dru

Post by Dru » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 am

You can see Lost in Obscurity from the highway, it's the highest crag visible when you come around the corner heading north and physically is almost due east of Among the Firs.