Smoke Bluff Park Improvements

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Smoke Bluff Park Improvements

Post by squamish climber » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Went cragging to Smoke Bluffs on Saturday and noticed some nice improvements to the park. I understand reading through some of the past minutes of the Smoke Bluffs Park Committee (look in the Committee folders then Smoke Bluffs Park Committee folder) that they are responsible for much of this work as well as local residents. They mentioned Perry Beckham and there are probably many others -- I didn't read everything.

For you Squamish locals this news is probably not new, but I didn't see any mention of it on this forum so I thought I would pass along my appreciation for the work you are doing.

One of the new features I noticed was a kiosk near the trail juncture to Pixie Corner and Penny Lane. They posted a notice of the most recent improvements:

Pretty cool eh - there is now an outhouse at Octupus Garden and bike racks around the park.

I'd be interested in hearing what others think of what's happening at the park? What do you think are some of the other priorities for improvements? The committee minutes mention new outhouses in the parking lot and fixing up the park entrance -- I think those things are badly needed.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

Dooley

Post by Dooley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 am

I know that they are doing an excellant job with the trail system. I ran into a chap that was working on the upper Smoke Bluff loop trail. He was saying that it should be finished in a couple of months. The area is looking great.
When in doubt....run it out!!!!