Dog sh*t

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
understilts
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Dog sh*t

Post by understilts » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:19 pm

What is the deal with all the dog sh*t at the bluffs? Leave your dogs at home or be more responsbile and considerate and pick up there mess. I counted 9 piles of it from the car park to the first electrical tower. And there is a huge pile of it ON the steps to Penny Lane. WTF? Nobody likes the smell of dog sh*t, dog sh*t on their shoes, or dog sh*t on their packs. And not everynone thinks dogs are cute or great when they are running around barking like a broken record.

Please be more considerate.

pinner

Post by pinner » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:52 pm

as a climber who lives a 5 minute walk from the bluffs, I can assure you that by far the vast majority of people in the bluffs this time of year are not climbers. People in hospital hill and valleycliffe walk their dogs through here all the time, many of them old and old school, and there's your sh*t problem bub - the people leaving sh*t behind won't be reading this forum.

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:15 pm

pinner must own a dog. lol
Bradley

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Yeah, don't know about that. It was packed with climbers on Saturday and MANY of them had dogs running around all over the place. I noticed the same thing about the crap everywhere-unacceptable!

Cloudraker

Post by Cloudraker » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:42 pm

What a shittey thing to do

pinner

Post by pinner » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 pm

yep, sure do! and a nice big supply of doody bags, pulled right off the roll on the post in the bluffs trails...

sorry for the less responsible dog owners out there, climbers or otherwise...

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Whenever I saw a non climber walking their dog they were doing just that walking their dog while under direct supervision. Climbers dogs just roamed free while owners climbed, probably missing the dog shitting.

Dogs and Babies..best left with the sitters not at the crag

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 pm

i usually have no problem with dogs except when on the weekend an unleashed dog comes up to me as i approach the top out. not cool with an easy section runout,nearly knocked me off. if i survived the fall... might kill dog and the owner...
Bradley

pinner

Post by pinner » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:26 pm

yes, the dogs at the topout thing is a big issue... can be very disconcerting for sure...

as for dogs supervised/unsupervised, generally a dog on a leash is going to sh*t on the trail where his owner is walking, whereas a dog off leash usually goes into the woods and shits on a fern or something.

just because the owner is there doesn't mean they're going to pick up his sh*t - in fact, I've caught many owners going so far as pretending to pick it up, but really just waiting till everyone's gone so they can leave it. i make a point of smiling and staring until they pick it up or grumble something about "no bag, get it later". Once I saw a guy fake picking it up in somebody's driveway, so I stopped and watched him till he finally did. I walked by the same place an hour or so later and he'd tucked the turd behind the tire of the guy's truck, with the bag mouth wide open, doodoo all exposed! jerkass

anyway, yes, dogs always have been and always will be contentious at the crag... but hey, at least they can't multipitch!

mcgarnickle

Post by mcgarnickle » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 pm

bradley3297 wrote:i usually have no problem with dogs except when on the weekend an unleashed dog comes up to me as i approach the top out.
LOL. Maybe you should stop climbing at burgers and fries douchebag. Even dogs can climb the routes that you do.
Μολὼν λάβε

Steve J

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 pm

wtf does where someone climb have anything to do with useless dog owners. im not going to continue out of fear of getting into a lengthy useless debate with a A$%^#@ moron who skill in assumption is only matched by his stupidity and big mouth.
Bradley

mcgarnickle

Post by mcgarnickle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:58 am

Don't bust a blood vessel there dog hater. Sorry if you're so offended by the obvious. Next time you top out on Daily Planet or anywhere at the big show there won't be any terrible scary poop covered dogs there to terrororize you.
Μολὼν λάβε

Steve J

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 pm

dont be confused. i love dogs. i just think people are stupid...
Bradley

Dru

Post by Dru » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 pm

bradley3297 wrote: i love dogs.
Shouldn't you be posting that on beastforum.com :o

Between that and brendan's tree photo you've got the local plants and animals scared!

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm

whoa thats clever.... good one dru almighty. grace me with more of your knowledge.
Bradley