Bluffs Trail

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
ryan_boarder

Bluffs Trail

Post by ryan_boarder » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:50 pm

Saw a new trail being put in at the bluffs. Any opinions?
Whether you think you can or you think you can't... you're right.

gearheart

Post by gearheart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Which new trail? Spiderfly, parking lot, upper loop or something else? I think the Smoke Bluffs Committe would be interested in any feedback. Meetings of that group are usually the first Thursday of every month in council chambers and are open to the public. Todd

ryan_boarder

Post by ryan_boarder » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 pm

New trail from the bluffs parking lot to neat and cool, running parellel with the old one.
Whether you think you can or you think you can't... you're right.

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Oh man I thought that was a flood or something..the one that goes by out to lunge and gords block?

The trees look broken as opposed to cut and the gravel I thought was to mitigate washouts..but I didnt look that closely..

hafilax

Post by hafilax » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm

I used the new trail yesterday since the old one is currently a bobsled track. It's nice. It seems to me that it is to allow mt. bikes to get by more easily in the summer.

I bet Crag X and Easter Island will see more action now.

pinner

Post by pinner » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:15 pm

The Bluffs look great! As stated above, the original trail up from the parking lot is solid ice these days - the alternative route was a godsend late last month when I went to get a couple routes in wearing slick-soled runners. A ton of overlooked climbs are going to be getting a lot more sunshine and visitors this year, especially in the moderate grades. New signposts should hopefully deflect Vancouver climbers away from B & F as they wonder "What the heck's One Toque Wall, it's not in my Select Guide!?" and wander a little more than usual. The new stairways are very helpful, especially for the non-climbing community and older climbers (and me when I'm tired).
Thanks for all the hardwork that's been done!

glomeruli

Post by glomeruli » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 pm

i like the new trail, definitely gives some good exposure to the climbs like on crag x. only thing, i didn't notice it until the way down on monday as they seemed to have run out of gravel for the last 15 feet to the parking lot