Movin'to Montana

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Blake
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Movin'to Montana

Post by Blake » Wed May 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Anyone do this route in the last couple years? The description sounds pretty cool, but I know someone who got on it a couple years back and found it so dirty that he was dynoing from grass clumps to muddy tree roots and came down after one pitch.

itsonlyadream

Re: Movin'to Montana

Post by itsonlyadream » Thu May 15, 2008 8:16 am

Blake wrote:Anyone do this route in the last couple years? The description sounds pretty cool, but I know someone who got on it a couple years back and found it so dirty that he was dynoing from grass clumps to muddy tree roots and came down after one pitch.
Yes. I suppose you mean the current version which skips the old first pitch now called Commando Crack which is excellent.

The current version of Movin' to Montana has exciting opening moves, then some vegetation and route-finding, then some nice stuff up to a corner that arches right and has a run-out bit just before the last pitch starts. The last pitch weaves up, down, and sideways across a slab with some ? pins. In other words, there is more to it than grass clumps and muddy tree roots although they are there, too.

If you wonder how it might feel you could do Raindance first and continue up the vegetated corner to the big tree.

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Thu May 15, 2008 3:05 pm

I bailed after the first pitch as well, not sure how often if at all this gets climbed, I searched for folks who have been on this recently and never found any.

when did you climb it only dream ?

Joolie
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Joolie » Thu May 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Watched friend on it summer before last. Got to see both leader and 2nd take whippers off the wandering last pitch. They did not mention mud and grass, only difficult climbing.

itsonlyadream

Post by itsonlyadream » Fri May 16, 2008 9:04 am

J Mace wrote:I bailed after the first pitch as well, not sure how often if at all this gets climbed, I searched for folks who have been on this recently and never found any.

when did you climb it only dream ?

and previously