Missing anchors in Skaha

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Blake
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Missing anchors in Skaha

Post by Blake » Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 am

I don't think there is a Skaha forum, so I'll post this here and maybe someone will replace them or add hangers...

There are still 3 bolts in place, but not bolt hangers, quicklinks, chains, etc and no handy tree nearby.

This was on top of a .10d climb at “Elusive Edge”. I can’t recall the name, but you climb ~4meters up to a huge roof, undercling out left, follow a corner, pull another roof, then finish on a face.

It’s a good climb, but a bit troublesome to arrive and see 3 bolt studs with no hangers, etc.

pinner

Post by pinner » Wed May 07, 2008 9:28 am

Hey Blake;
your right, there's no Skaha forum - they really need to get crackin over at Skaha.org. I just sent them an email to ask (again) for some user-input stuff. Meanwhile, maybe you'd be so kind as to place the hangers and bolts? We can all help to keep our climbs accessible and safe.
happy climbing!

XXXX

Post by XXXX » Wed May 07, 2008 10:07 am

sounds like The Illusory Megacling

Blake
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Blake » Wed May 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Hey Pinner, I live in Bellingham and likely wont be back there for a long time, otherwise I would be happy to bring some hangers and Quicklinks.

Sean Dougherty from Skaha.org emailed me and said he'd put them on the to-do list.

I think 'Illusory Megacling' was the name. A great climb, but be careful on the start!

pinner

Post by pinner » Wed May 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Fair enough! thanks for the name of the route too... I believe I've climbed it; if it's the one I'm thinking of, it is indeed a great route!