climbers interested in being filmed?

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
plangereis

climbers interested in being filmed?

Post by plangereis » Tue May 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi there,

I am a grade 7 teacher in Surrey, and I am wondering if any climbers would be interested in getting filmed for a short documentary I would like to do for my students. I have a passion for videography, and also will be upgrading my camcorder to a hi definition one (Canon XH A1: professional camcorder). This is strictly a hobby for me, but I take videography fairly seriously. If you are wondering whether I have rock climbed before or not, the answer is yes. It has been some time, and I am getting close to 50 years old (still have my top roping gear etc), but I would love to share this fantastic sport with my students, and try to get them interested in it. For me ability does not matter, although filming good climbers would be more of a motivator for my student age group. I teach at an inner city school, so most students would never have the opportunity to climb. I guess I would like to give them the chance one day. I first need to get their interest. Anyway, if there is anyone interested in getting together to be filmed at any of the areas near Squamish (Murin Park, the Chief, etc) I would love to get some footage.
climbing is a way of life: videography is a way to share this lifestyle

changlama

Post by changlama » Tue May 06, 2008 6:41 pm

I'd like to donate a film to your school that tells a bit of the history of Squamish climbing. Visit our website http://www.fringefilmworks.com and have a look, if you're interested then send me a note and I'll be happy to send you a copy.

Ivan

Squamishmonkey

Post by Squamishmonkey » Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 am

Yes...If you want to join my partner and I on some climbs....do you know how to fix lines and Jug?
I think motivating students and creating short films will enhance the sport for everyone.
Send me your email.