power yoga

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
rock_climbr
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

power yoga

Post by rock_climbr » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 pm

does anyone out there do power yoga as part of their training? does it really help? any information will be much appreciated

dakine

Post by dakine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:02 pm

i try do yoga 2 times a week and in general yoga does help (flexibility, breathing) Power yoga is a NA creation sometimes called Flow yoga it comes from Ashtanga style..

it's a more intense yoga and will build lean flexable muscle mass.it will help your climbing in general but is not the key to sending 5.13 :)

hafilax

Post by hafilax » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:34 pm

Power yoga and Bikrams always seemed to me like a good way to get injured.

I have been tempted by more conventional yoga lately. The knots are starting to outnumber the muscles.

ras

Post by ras » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:23 pm

hafilax wrote:Power yoga and Bikrams always seemed to me like a good way to get injured.

I have been tempted by more conventional yoga lately. The knots are starting to outnumber the muscles.
I've been doing yoga for the last few months. Bikram - I'd agree with that, but "power" yoga where I go just means once long slow breath per posture. Its fast... in comparison to yoga, and slow compared to everything else.

Anyhow, no idea if it well help me climb stronger, but I am definitely stretching and strengthening stuff that i DON'T use climbing, and I think thats a good thing. Should prevent injury. Any injury is a sure way for your climbing to suck :-(