Coast Mountain Sports Warning!

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
bike

Coast Mountain Sports Warning!

Post by bike » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm

So, my mother went to coast mountain sports to return a gift today using a gift receipt. The person at the till was getting direction from another person working at the store when she heard that her return would only be worth what the price of the item was for that day.
In other words, she knew what was spent on the original gift was a little over $100.00 but they would only return to her a little over$47.00 because the item was on sale. Apparently, unless you have the original receipt (not the gift receipt) you cannot get back what was actually spent.
I wonder how many people return stuff at coast mountain using gift receipts but only get back a fraction of what was actually spent?
Shame on Coast Mountain! :evil: That is just plain stealing from the customer.
Please be aware and maybe shop somewhere else in the future!! :twisted: :twisted:
We will be reporting them to the BBB!
Last edited by bike on Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:21 am

That is unfortunately. Personally, I have very low expectations when it comes to retail staff these days. The sad reality is that retail can no longer support the costs of living in most cities, least of all Vancouver. And in todays job market anyone with half a brain has already lest for bigger or better things. So what you're left with is a bunch of half-wits or children who don't know their a$% from the elbow, and either don't know, or don't care about such things as customer service.
WTF?

5.4 Slayer

Post by 5.4 Slayer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:32 am

It doesn't sound like untrained or uncaring staff. It looks like company policy and everyone is giving out gift receipts so it'snot just MEC but all retail companies. An easy way to squeeze some more cash out of their customers.

Steve Townshend

Post by Steve Townshend » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:28 pm

5.4 Slayer wrote: so it's not just MEC but all retail companies.
How did MEC get into the conversation???? i thought the post was about Coast Mountain Sports? they are two completely different stores! i'd be surprized if MEC did anything like that.

Conclustion:

Coast Mountain Sucks,
MEC Rules!

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Steve Townshend wrote:
5.4 Slayer wrote: so it's not just MEC but all retail companies.
How did MEC get into the conversation???? i thought the post was about Coast Mountain Sports? they are two completely different stores! i'd be surprized if MEC did anything like that.

Conclustion:

Coast Mountain Sucks,
MEC Rules!
whatever who cares. he prolly meant to say CMS.

MEC is ###### awesome. i got a $300 cheque in the mail from them recently for nothing... well, i guess for spending so much there!!! :D

bike

Post by bike » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:05 pm

For sure! Make no mistake. This happened at Coast Mountain Sports, Not MEC. I have never had a problem like that a MEC.

c-plus

Post by c-plus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 pm

MEC totally rocks! i bought a $450 pair of mountaineering boots from them 3 years ago but found that they never quite fit right. kept 'em around, but never wore them after a couple trips due to the bad fit and they've resided in a closet since then. however, I decided to take them back to MEC last weekend and they gave me a full refund! no questions asked. they looked up how much i paid for them on their records and gave me back every dollar. 3 years after the fact! it wasn't even a store credit or crap like that. they refunded it straight to my credit card.

My girlfriend also took back a pair of climbing shoes that were too tight, even after several climbing trips where she tried to stretch them out. now that's customer satisfaction!

5.4 Slayer

Post by 5.4 Slayer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:29 pm

Ooops, I screwed up. My appologies.

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:52 pm

5.4 Slayer wrote:Ooops, I screwed up. My appologies.
jeesh Gary, ever w/ auto spell check you still have problems :oops:

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Brendan wrote:
5.4 Slayer wrote:Ooops, I screwed up. My appologies.
jeesh Gary, ever w/ auto spell check you still have problems :oops:
haha. apparently so do i. but i had wine, so it's my bad... :lol: :lol: :lol: