Papoose Wall road cut

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Aaron

Papoose Wall road cut

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:25 pm

So I was up in Squamish for the first time in a long time. Couldn't help but notice the "new" crag bellow the Papoose. As road-cut crags go, that thing's got huge potential. Any ideas on how likely the development of this wall is? How close the crag will be to the road? Or does Highways have plans to spraycreat the wall or drape it in wire nets?
WTF?

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:41 am

wow, a new post :shock:

Mike C.

Post by Mike C. » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:58 am

I really, really hope that you are being serious here, Aaron. Cuz, you know, Squamish is SOOO tapped out that we really do need to start bolting chossy blast rock thats right beside the highway. And since it's technically already been chipped maybe you could buy some plastic climbing holds and bolt them on the wall. That way punters can have fun in Squamish too. Anyone else have any great ideas?
And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? --Homer Simpson

XXXX

Post by XXXX » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 am

I used to solo The Hitchhiker before hitchhiking home. RIP Hitchhiker.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Mike C. wrote:I really, really hope that you are being serious here, Aaron?

Me? Serious? Never. But seriously, this wall will get developed. The only preventing it from being developed is it's distance from the highway, and if Highways intends to leave it as is, or drape-net the thing. If the distance from the crag is as close as the rock is from the rail road tracks at the base of the Malamute then what's stoping anyone from climbing it? And like I said it wouln't be the first groad cut in the world to get developed. True, it may not be the best looking crag, or have the best location. But the rock is as clean as can be ( one thing Squmish doesn't have that much of), and you can't beat the access.
WTF?