Finding a climber named "Serge" (spelling??)

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Simon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Finding a climber named "Serge" (spelling??)

Post by Simon » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:06 pm

Hey- on Saturday, Sept 8th, a guy named Serge (or something like that), and his partner (who I think was named Ian) did an Ultimate Everything/Angel's Crest link-up. Serge has long curly red hair, and lives somewhere in the Greater Vancouver area. They spent the weekend staying in site 18.

If anyone thinks they know the guy I am talking about, could you please pass on my e-mail address (simonisbister@hotmail.com), and ask him if he could send me the pics he took of Barry "riding the whale"!

Thanks!

-simon-

Rockitman
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Rockitman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 am

Hi Simon,

It's Saar and Ian.
Thanks again for letting us pass, appreciate it! :)

I haven't uploaded the pics off the camera yet, I'll send them once I do that (probably tomorrow nightish...).

Saar

Simon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Simon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Hey, right on! Glad you found my post. No rush on the pictures.

How was that last variation pitch to the left? I was really glad to have the headlamp for the chimney pitch; definitely no light left by the time we got on it. The australians didn't have a lamp, so we just trailed their rope and brought them up, then walked down with them. I think they would have been benighted for sure, otherwise.

Later!

-s-

Rockitman
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Rockitman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:07 pm

The left variation felt stiff at the end of a long day, both Ian and I weighed the rope once, for the first time that day... I was lucky enough to get up at last light, just enough to see the next hand hold, and Ian had to go up with a headlamp.

Ian met the Ausies at the campground the next day and they told him about your help and seemed pretty happy you guys were there. Way to go! I assume you got out too late to make it to your friends' place before it was over?

Simon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Simon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:41 pm

Oh yeah, totally missed UFC. Probably didn't drop Barry off until about midnight. And then had the drive back to Ladner. Boy, I have to move further north...