GPA for GWall

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
erock

Post by erock » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:13 pm

Thanks for the follow up Ryan!
I've done apron strings a couple of times, the first time freaked out and the second time it seemed casual. A little testis i've done as well with not too much difficulty except my hand size is a bit big for it, so i'm not sure if that is going to be an advantage on the pillar or not. I'll definatly try climb and punishment soon too.

Cheers

-eric

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:32 pm

you won't have an issue w/ the pillar. just lieback it if you find jamming it too difficult. besides, most people lieback the first 20 ft to that little ledge, rest/ chalk, then jam up to where it kicks back, then lieback the rest all the way top... including the chimney. :wink: and when you get good, you can casually do it in 3-4 mins w/ 3-4 cams!! 8)
red= lieback; yellow= jamming.

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:34 pm

oh, and the guys in the pic = strange french people from quebec who like to shat in the back of the pillar. pic was taken summer '06 :)

JamesStevens

Re: GPA for GWall

Post by JamesStevens » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:15 am

Yes, I agree that Apron Strings is a good training for pump management. This will get you ready for a pumpy endurance climbing, as ready as concrete pumps for fast construction.