see it to believe it

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
slhughes

see it to believe it

Post by slhughes » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:13 pm

cycling through the bluffs yesterday, i took a moment's pause near neat and clean- the slim corner to the left of that route- was it always that white and bright? had i never noticed this phenomenon of ice white granite texture before? having only walked past it say, 472 times before, surely i would have noticed it earlier? i mentioned this to a mate of mine and he said, he too had noticed it. but when he saw it, there was a wee bubbling brook of bubbles beneath the crack. it seems to us that someone has opened this new line. if the first ascensionist needs help with names, may i suggest, 'acid crack', or 'bleach blonde bimbo crack', or 'who give's a sh*t about the enviroment crack', or 'easily found glowing in the dark crack'. check it out for yourselves.

erock

Post by erock » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:34 pm

where is "neat and clean"? Or is it "neat and cool?

It's only appropriate that the climb be named after the detergent used to clean the crack. Like:
Mr. Clean
Vim
or liquid plumber?

oh, and you should post a picture.
maybe this topic will bring some life back to squamishclimbing.com, because seriously, it's getting kinda stale here

e

Aaron

Re: see it to believe it

Post by Aaron » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 pm

Environmental damage? What ever. If you want to see environmental damage you should have a look at South Arête on the Apron. Me and my friend shoveled out a ton of dirt from that crack, tore out countless plants and even uprooted a tree. All in a Provincial Park no less. If this upsets you, you don't have to worry. This is Squamish after all, if the route doesn't get climbed it will disappear back under the moss in five years.
WTF?

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 pm

Hey, thank for scrubbing out the South Arete. It's a fun rockclimb.

As far as chemical cleaning agents in Squamish, their use is a time-honoured tradition. I personally do not utilize them, nor do I condone their use.

Cloudraker

Post by Cloudraker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:18 pm

ya i saw the gleaming white stone too and then smelled the chlorine....not cool especially with the torrential rain and a stream running at the base of the crack. The old school local who cleaned the route should wake the f**k up out of his chronic haze and realize he's not living in the 70's anymore.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:36 am

Jason wrote:Hey, thank for scrubbing out the South Arete. It's a fun rockclimb.

As far as chemical cleaning agents in Squamish, their use is a time-honoured tradition. I personally do not utilize them, nor do I condone their use.
Interesting, While cleaning South Arete we never used any cleaning agents but we did manage to find two empty Clorox powered bleach containers in the trees at the base.
WTF?