Gingerbread house

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
monkeyboy

Gingerbread house

Post by monkeyboy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:04 am

Just curious as to the best way to blow up a gingerbread house as to make the most damage (and look really cool!)any ideas? I was thinking of filling it with propane and having a jellyed fuel on the roof as the ignition source.
Don't worry Gary, I'll wait for you to get back so you can be there!

mcgarnickle

Post by mcgarnickle » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:11 am

Maybe Brendan will come up with something even more interesting, but I can think of this: Put a new propane cylinder (one of those 1L green ones from canadian tire) inside the house so you can still see a part of it thru the door or window. Shoot that propane cylinder with a .22 varmint rifle or something small caliber from about 60 yards or so. There will be gingerbreads flying all over the lower mainland....

fsg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by fsg » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:45 pm

I did alot of this kind of stuff as a bored kid growing up on a farm in sask.

You need a plastic bag (the size of the house), a twist tie, one firecracker broken in half, a lighter, and an explosive gas (acetylene works best but propane will work).
Take the plastic bag, squeeze the air out:
1) If using propane, then let it fill roughly 1/2 full with "air" (don't blow in it). This is your oxygen source. Then fill the rest of the bag with propane.
2) If using acetylene, fill half the bag with acetylene, then fill the other half with tanked oxygen.
3) You have to be quick here otherwise you lose your gas- After filling bag (either propane or acetylene), stick the half firecracker into the bag opening (fuse side out), twist the bag shut and twist tie it up tight.
4) For safety, tie a couple of other firecracker fuses onto your fuse so you have time to get out of way.
5) Stick the bag in the house and when ready, light the fuse.
6) QUICKLY DUCK behind something!!!
7) Result will be a large bang and a blown up house.

Lyn

fsg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by fsg » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm

In addition to above,
after putting full balloon in the house, the side of the house where the balloon went in has to be sealed up (with the last wall of the house) tight (with sugar or some kind of glue) . Otheriwise when the explosive ignites, unless it is kept "pressurized" for a second, it will not explode, it will simply "flare out". Flash fire but no explosion.

dakine

Post by dakine » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:37 am

plastic pop bottle + starting fluid = giant explosion :twisted: