transportation from Vancouver to Squamish?

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
jeffl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

transportation from Vancouver to Squamish?

Post by jeffl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:10 pm

I think the title kind of says it all.

First off, I tried searching, but was unable to find anything(maybe I just didn't search thoroughly enough). However, my girlfriend and I are going to be arriving in Vancouver Aug 24th at 11:30pm and we will not have a car. We are contemplating just staying in the airport that night and then taking the buses to Squamish in the morning. So....my question is:

Does anyone have any very specific instructions on which bus routes, times, faires, blah blah blah for us so that we can get from the airport to downtown Squamish?

thank you guys in advance.
Jeff

phoenix
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by phoenix » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:00 pm

I've just got a bit of general informatino for you. Greyhound Bus Lines does regular trips from Vancouver up to Squamish and beyond. They depart multiple times per day from the Train Station (Terminal and Main St, Vancouver). The Greyhound busses start some routes at the vancouver airport, but you would need to call the bus company to find out whether the bus you want originates at the airport.

You can look into this more at www.greyhound.ca or call 1-800-661-8747.

stick

Post by stick » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:59 pm

to get you started ... take the 424 bus from the airport to airport station(about 5mins ) the bus stop is on the lowest/ground level of the airport all the way to the right as you exit the doors to the street. get a 2 zone fare for $3.25 and the transfer will get you the rest of the way. at airport station hop on the 98 bee-line northbound toward waterfront station. from this point the bus driver is your best friend and you want to get off at granville skytrain station ... it's downtown (cross 2 bridges total).... take an eastbound train past 1 stop and get off at the next, "science world/main" across the street will be pacific centeral station where you can get a bus to squish for ... I think it's only about 12 dolars. sit on the driver side of the bus for the best view and I think they will let you off right at the chief camp ground if you ask.

good luck, climb safe
stick

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:01 pm

wow... great reply! way to "stick" it to them, lol...
where are you when i get lost and need in depth directions??
cheers
/b

jeffl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by jeffl » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:49 am

muchos gracias mis amigos! Seriously, you guys are life savers...anyone going to be up there between Aug24th and Sep5th?

MCpl

Post by MCpl » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:35 am

I think we'll all be up in Squamish then. Its the best time of the year to climb.