New Rappel chains on Rock On.

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
PAW

New Rappel chains on Rock On.

Post by PAW » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 pm

This week thanks to Todd Anthony, the 2 rappel stations on Rock On have been re-fitted with quicklinks and equailized chains.

All that is required to rap Rock On is two rappels of sixty meters to get all the way to the ground.

Thanks T.A

He also refitted the rap just right of the top of memorial crack with new climbing rope around the tree and rap rings. This is the station that drops you into the puddle on Broadway.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

jefffski

Re: New Rappel chains on Rock On.

Post by jefffski » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:49 pm

He also refitted the rap just right of the top of memorial crack with new climbing rope around the tree and rap rings. This is the station that drops you into the puddle on Broadway.[/quote]

very nice thanks. i was there today and noticed the new rope.
btw to avoid getting your rope muddy:

lower one person down who can guide the ropes away from the mud puddle, then rap. if you throw your ropes it will be hard to avoid dunking them.
to pull your rope w/o smacking the water, just walk one end towards deidre's top. pull. no fuss, no muck.

iff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by iff » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:16 am

or how about you just walk a twenty meter loop to the station about 10m past the mud puddle rap, and avoid the puddle all together.

timtall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by timtall » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:25 pm

Why would one want to rap rock-on?

erock

Post by erock » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:52 pm

why would you want to rap?

you have to rappel once on your way off the apron anyways.

Likley faster.

from what i hear there was lot's of old tat left on the anchors from people rapping out.

e

Chris Christie
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Chris Christie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:37 am

Enjoy em while they are there!! with the current trend of chopping in Squamish I give a month... :roll:

PAW

Post by PAW » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:10 pm

thats a great reply chris, thanks for the support.

People do rap Rock On, and the stations have been fixed with tat for years why not make it a little safer on an excellent trade route for people who might get over there heads.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Chris Christie
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Chris Christie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:03 pm

I think ya missed the point of my post!!
I've been on 2 routes latley and found chopped bolts and I was pissed. Folks have had money and time throwen down the drain cause some dude high on himself decides what should or should not be there.
Nothing new in the climbing world....
I support the rap anchors and hope they stay...

XXXX

Post by XXXX » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:27 pm

Rap down this route will put you right on parties climbing below. Having to leave tat means you are encouraged to walk off or go to the top, which is anyways faster and safer. yet the bolted stations are there if there is an acident and you need to bail. I mean there are rap anchors on Diedre but no chains cause you shouldnt be rapping down Diedre to get off unless you're in trouble - same deal here.

can't you rap bad pants sandbag anyway, what what eh:D ?

PAW

Post by PAW » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:55 am

to rap the route only the top pitch you are in the way for about 1min. After that you are climbers left of the route. With double ropes for 60m raps your on the ground in 2 raps.

Sorry Chris, misunderstood. I too don't understand chopping bolts and stations. Times are changing and a million more folks are climbing.

LET IT GO, bolt choppers.
GO BIG OR GO HOME