partner for early July (5.7-5.9)

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
tradclimb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

partner for early July (5.7-5.9)

Post by tradclimb » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:53 pm

Hello,

I'm thinking about roadtripping to Squamish in early July. I'll be there as long as I can find partners. I've been climbing 6 years, I have a full rack and rope, and I am looking for partners that are very safe. I like bouldering, sport, and trad. I can lead trad up to 5.9 on my best days, and I can follow 5.10a/b.

Thanks.

pitonspud
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by pitonspud » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:21 pm

Hello:

Count me in. Sounds like we are at a similar level of climbing. My first season of climbing at Squamish was two years ago and I climbed about 34 routes that summer. I primarily climbed trad (seconding) and with a liking for the 15+ pitch routes. Yes, saftey is key--"the mountain will always be there" an elder mountaineer retorted as we high tailed it off the mountain.

tradclimb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by tradclimb » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:07 am

Hi,

Sorry, but I don't have the experience to do 15+ pitch routes, and I would first have to climb with a partner extensively on lesser projects before taking on that kind of challenge. In addition, that partner would have to be extremely capable in self rescue. For now, I'm just looking to do single pitch trad or sport with a new partner, and if things work out, then maybe up to 4 or 5 pitches.

By the way, are there even 15+ pitch 5.8 routes on the Chief?

pitonspud
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by pitonspud » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:36 pm

Tradclimb:

You got me there--I found one 16 pitch route. In error I combined the sum of several routes as some routes require the climbing of one or more other routes to get to its fisrt pitch. I like trad, I like slab, I like crack and I like sport (although I have climbed very few sport routes). If you want to go climb let me know.

taranaki
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by taranaki » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:46 am

i think if you climb the bottom line, deidre, pig dogs on parade, and the ultimate everything you get around 20 pitches to the top of the chief at 5.9 or less.

pitonspud
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by pitonspud » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:58 am

Taranaki--good job :D

tradclimb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by tradclimb » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:35 pm

pitonspud wrote:I like trad, I like slab, I like crack and I like sport (although I have climbed very few sport routes). If you want to go climb let me know.
What's your schedule like? Can you climb any day of the week?

Anyone else?