Thanks Tami!

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Tami!

Post by squamish climber » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:43 am

You may have noticed a crag rat is now on the banner logo. The artwork comes from the talented, brilliant and OK slightly twisted Tami Knight. You have probably seen her artwork in Alpinist Mag and other publications. She has also published several cartoon books including "Climbing Tales of Terror" sub titled Wicked Lies and Malicious Slander. Tami is also well-known for putting up some hard, bold climbs with Peter Croft. I remember hearing she could climb in her barefeet what many people couldn't get up with sticky rubber.

So when I wanted a slight change of look to the website, one that would capture what Squamish is about and give a nod to the local history, I called on Tami. She drew this crag rat climbing a Squamish splitter crack and I think it's a great image that summarizes Squamish climbing.

If you have any thoughts, comments or favourite Tami Knight cartoons write them down here.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

scrubber

Re: Thanks Tami!

Post by scrubber » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:23 pm

My personal favorite would have to be the full page of "Creative Lies... To cover fer injuries suffered whilst doin' something totally stoopid"

Tami's art and her wacky sense of humor have kept me laughing for years. I wish she'd put out a few more collections of her work. I have all of them except for the very first one. It's great to have a bit of art from our home grown brilliant mad scientist.

Now if only we could get Tami to post here now and then instead of spending so much time over on that other forum...

Kris