Climb it - an iphone app - anybody heard of it

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Climb it - an iphone app - anybody heard of it

Post by squamish climber » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Came across this new Iphone App (climbitapp.com) It was released last week. Climb it. Find it. Tick it. - is the tag line. The app just covers Canadian climbing locations. Climbs from the North Shore to Whistler make up a large chunk of the 5300 routes on the app. I just downloaded it and will take a look around and report back with a bit of review. It ain't cheap $14.99, we'll see if it's worth it.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

ras

Re: Climb it - an iphone app - anybody heard of it

Post by ras » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm

the_other_Dave_Jones wrote:Came across this new Iphone App (climbitapp.com) It was released last week. Climb it. Find it. Tick it. - is the tag line. The app just covers Canadian climbing locations. Climbs from the North Shore to Whistler make up a large chunk of the 5300 routes on the app. I just downloaded it and will take a look around and report back with a bit of review. It ain't cheap $14.99, we'll see if it's worth it.
I wrote Climb It with Chris, one of my long-time climbing partners, does that count as "heard of it"? :-)

You are right, the routes it currently contains are heavily biased towards where we've climbed, and Squamish is a big part of that.

We think its worth the price of quickdraw (if you've already got a full set of draws), and we're still working to make it better. Our emails are on the website - it would be great to get feedback, though with the weather being what it is lately, you'll be lucky to be ticking any routes this month!

Cheers,
Sam

senorprogrammer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Climb It is on sale for the holidays

Post by senorprogrammer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm Chris, the other author of Climb It, the iPhone app. I just wanted to let everyone know we've put Climb It on sale for the holidays. It's now 50% off at $7.99. This new version most notably adds the ability to brag about ascents on Facebook, Twitter, etc. and adds routes for Yamnuska in Alberta... which is probably covered in snow right now but we can dream about it, right?

Please note: Climb It still only contains Canadian routes. I know, I know, we're working on it, honest. On the upside it now contains over 5900 of them right in the app itself with full access whether you're online or offline.

And if you'll forgive me one more sales message, I'd also like to mention Crag Dog, our rock climbing route grade converter. If you're lucky enough to be climbing somewhere warm and sunny this winter that doesn't use your native grade system, Crag Dog just might be of use to you.

A sincere thanks to anyone who's supported us thus far. The response from the climbing community in general has been awesome.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 am

Any plans to port this to Android?

senorprogrammer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by senorprogrammer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:02 am

jipstyle wrote:Any plans to port this to Android?
We've discussed that a few times but no plans at the moment, mainly because neither of us have Android phones.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 am

Fair enough.

If you decide to implement it, please post here so I know. :)