UBC Climbing Wall Logo Contest (1 year membership free)

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Artem
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

UBC Climbing Wall Logo Contest (1 year membership free)

Post by Artem » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Posted on the VOC message boards; thought others might like a chance at a year membership. We don't have many entries.

"Calling all artists!

We've decided on a name for the new climbing wall: The Aviary!

I'd like to get a head start on a few things like having signs/banners made, getting staff shirts, and maybe even something as snazzy as membership cards. I'd love a cool logo for the gym!

This process will work in much the same way as the wall naming. Anybody is welcome to submit a design, and we'll vote on the one we like best. The person who submits the winning design will win a free year at The Aviary.

The following might provide inspiration:

The name: The Aviary. This is following the UBC Thunderbird theme, and the fact that the gym space is tall and narrow.
The colour scheme. The wall is mostly a grey colour ("Stone" - RGB 201,207,204) with accent areas in a light blue ("Azure" - RGB 51,128,184)
Climbing, obviously. Ropes, draws, belay devices, shoes and harnesses.

The final version will need to be in a vector format (SVG, etc), but feel free to post a compressed version here. "

Submit your posts here and I'll have them entered into the contest. We are closing submissions on December 31st at midnight.

Good luck!

MarkR

Re: UBC Climbing Wall Logo Contest (1 year membership free)

Post by MarkR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:12 pm

(deleted)