Physio Recommend

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
imnotnate

Physio Recommend

Post by imnotnate » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi all, I'm looking for a physio, preferably a climber, in Squamish or Vancouver. I strained some of my fingers on the hangboard (stupid i know) a couple months ago, have seen a couple physios that I wasn't terribly impressed with and still don't feel right... getting nervous I won't be ready for the season.

I've searched the board here and the following folks seem to get the highest recommends, anyone had any experience with them or have some other rockstars to add to the list?

-Paolo Bordignon at Salus Physio
-Mina Kavia in Squamish

Cheers!

joewtc

Re: Physio Recommend

Post by joewtc » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:13 pm

My climbing friend had a chronic finger injury , went to Len and said he's pretty good.
http://www.salusphysio.com/team/Len-Chong

I don't know this physio personally, but see him at Van Cliffhanger leading 12's and bouldering V5+ all the time and I think he should have a climbers' perspective.

My personal experience: I have been to multiple physios with huge variation of qualities even for the same condition:
- very rushy 10min appointment
- 1hr appointment
- mis-diagnosis
- just don't care
- not enough experience
- only use ultrasound/machines to be easy
- very good
Take your time to find a really good one!

Khoi

Post by Khoi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 am

I've gone to both Len and Paolo at Salus Physiotherapy multiple times. I highly recomment them. They both took time to ask questions and analyse the underlying factors contributing to my problems.

Len is a very strong climber. It was good to have a climber's perspective. He told me which moves to avoid while healing.
~Khoi

imnotnate

Post by imnotnate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks all. I couldn't get in with Len or Paolo and wound up going to Richard Boden at Sport & Spinal in Vancouver - he's a climber, had good questions and overall he was quite good - I'd recommend him.

staven

Post by staven » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Can someone get these robots out of the message boards? They seem to have infected the place.

Dave?

crystalelizabeth

Post by crystalelizabeth » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Len Chong has since started his own clinic in Vancouver BC, near the intersection of King Edward and Main: www.elioshealth.com. He will be accepting bookings in the coming weeks.

All the best in your searches, and happy climbing!